We recommend patients of all ages undergo routine checkups, and the American Dental Association agrees. But what happens during your checkup to make these visits so essential? How often should you see the dentist?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Checkups
- True or False: We examine smiles with digital x-rays.
- True or False: We look for warning signs of trouble.
- True or False: You also receive a dental cleaning.
- True or False: We want to see you twice a year.
- True. We use advanced technology to obtain a clear view of your smile. Digital x-rays use up to 80% less radiation than traditional x-rays and the images don’t require a lengthy development process that employs harsh chemicals. Instead, we can see images instantly chairside and walk patients through the diagnostic process, helping them better understand their oral health.
- True. We look at the teeth for signs of cavities, or the friction and war that could indicate bruxism or TMJ disorder. We examine the gums for signs of gingivitis or gum disease, and also perform oral cancer screenings. The earlier we uncover a problem, the less intensive the treatment will be.
- True. A cleaning involves removing all plaque buildup from the smile using either a manual tool or an ultrasonic scaling device. We then polish the tooth. The procedure helps reduce the risk of cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease, while also brightening teeth and helping the patient obtain fresher breath. The procedure only takes a few minutes, but helps patients enjoy a much healthier smile.
- True. On average, we recommend seeing us every six months for a checkup and cleaning. However, should you have high risk factors or gum disease or other serious oral health concerns, we may recommend one every three to four months.
TALK TO BAILEY DENTAL CARE ABOUT CHECKUPS
At Bailey Dental Care, we offer preventive and general care to help patients maintain optimal oral health. Give us a call to set up a checkup and cleaning for you or a member of your family. To learn more, schedule a consultation, call Bailey Dental Care in Liberty, MO, today at (816) 452-9700.