When was the last time you had your teeth cleaned? What may seem like a routine procedure that isn’t very important is actually vital for keeping your teeth and gums free of tooth decay and gum disease. Let’s look at what makes dental cleanings so important!
Try Our Quiz on Dental Cleanings
- True or False: You should have one twice a year.
- True or False: They reduce the risk of gum disease.
- True or False: You can enjoy fresher breath.
- True or False: Even kids benefit from them.
- True. The American Dental Association recommends having your teeth cleaned twice a year and we agree. The procedure only takes a few minutes and allows the dentist or hygienist to completely remove all plaque and tartar from your smile.
- True. Plaque buildup is a bacterial byproduct, one that can weaken tooth enamel and irritate the gum tissue, increasing the risk of tooth decay, gingivitis, and even gum disease. Remember, once gum disease forms it cannot be cured, instead we will need to help you manage it to prevent adult tooth loss due to the disease’s advanced stages.
- True. Removing plaque also helps address halitosis in the process. In addition, when we polish the tooth afterward you can enjoy a brighter smile and your teeth will have a smoother finish.
- True. Once your children’s teeth erupt, they benefit from routine dental cleanings as well. Not only do the regular visits ensure their smiles stay healthy, but they can also help kids become accustomed to the office and less lily to develop dental anxiety later in life. If you have any questions about having your teeth cleaned, or if you’re ready to make an appointment for you or your family then contact our team today.
TALK TO BAILEY DENTAL CARE ABOUT DENTAL CLEANINGS
At Bailey Dental Care, we can help you maintain a healthy smile with thorough dental cleanings. Give us a call to set up a visit for you or a member of your family. To learn more, schedule a consultation, call Bailey Dental Care in Parkville, MO, today at (816) 452-9700.