A Smile Makeover with Porcelain Veneers
Much of cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth-whitening, is designed to offer a convenient and effective way to improve your smile’s appearance. However, when your smile requires more than just a quick touch up, improving your smile may seem complicated.
With porcelain veneers, we can provide patients with a complete smile makeover while minimizing their treatment to just one procedure. This tooth restoration solution delivers a balance between perfecting your smile’s appearance while preserving your healthy natural tooth structure.
WHY CHOOSE DENTAL VENEERS?
Dental veneers are used to treat a variety of imperfections. People commonly choose veneers to help with the following:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Misaligned or irregular teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Uneven surfaces on teeth
- Discolored or yellowed teeth
- Being unhappy with their smile
Veneers can be placed over just a single tooth, but Dr. Bailey can cover up to eight teeth if desired.
THE INS AND OUTS
A dental veneer is crafted from a thin porcelain shell that’s bonded to the front surface of your tooth. It’s durable, natural-looking, and designed using our advanced digital imaging technology.
The veneer is customized to mimic everything from your healthy, natural tooth’s structure, to the way your teeth reflect light.
Each veneer is placed individually, allowing them to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
Benefits of Veneers
If you’re seeking a way to cover your imperfections, veneers may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Compared to dental crowns, veneers don’t require as much shaping, they last longer, and they feel just like your natural teeth.
Veneers are highly resistant to stains and don’t irritate your gums, in comparison to other dental procedures. This tooth restoration option doesn’t require any extra maintenance, so there’s no added time to your everyday routine.
Porcelain veneers are an alternative to the timely process of braces, along with their bulky appearance. Within a few appointments, you can have your smile looking better than ever.
What to Expect
Here is a step by step guide on how Dr. Bailey will assist in giving you the smile you’ve always wanted with veneers.
- During your initial evaluation, Dr. Bailey will discuss your smile goals and what you want to achieve.
- If you’re a candidate for veneers, we’ll discuss what to expect moving forward. Dr. Bailey may require X-rays to get a more accurate look.
- Then, we’ll make an impression of your teeth to be sent out to a laboratory to create your customized porcelain veneer. Dr. Bailey will provide you with a temporary veneer so you won’t have to go a day without a complete smile.
- To prepare for your veneers, Dr. Bailey will reshape the surface of your teeth, similar to the thickness of the veneers. We’ll provide you with the option of a local anesthetic to ensure maximum comfort during your procedure.
- Dr. Bailey will shape the veneer and adjust the color of cement to make sure it’s the right fit and shade for your unique smile.
- Once the veneer is cemented, we’ll use a special light to harden the cement and secure it in place.
- Dr. Bailey will trim any leftover cement and make the last adjustments to the new veneer.
- A follow-up visit may be necessary to ensure your teeth and gums are healing properly after the procedure.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT VENEERS
How do I take care of my veneers?
In addition to oral hygiene guidelines of brushing 2-3 times per day and flossing daily, avoid chewing on particularly hard items. Mouthguards for sports and night guards for grinding will protect your new smile. Avoid beverages that are known to cause stains such as coffee, tea, dark sodas, and wine. Visit Dr. Bailey twice per year or as recommended.
How long do veneers last?
Traditional veneers typically last between 10 to 15 years with proper care.
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
On average, traditional porcelain veneers cost between $925 to $2,500 per tooth.
Does dental insurance cover veneers?
Veneers are considered a cosmetic procedure and most insurance policies won’t cover them. We recommend contacting our Kansas City office at — to get a better understanding of our procedures and your coverage.
How many appointments does the entire procedure require?
The veneers process typically takes two to three appointments.
Do veneers work for crooked teeth?
If veneers are appropriate for you, they can serve as a quick alternative to braces. Within a few appointments, Dr. Bailey can straighten your teeth and give you a smile you’ll be proud of.
What if my veneer falls off or is damaged?
If your veneer falls off or is damaged, save it and call our Kansas City office at — so Dr. Bailey can determine the best course of action.
Schedule a Cosmetic Consultation Today
If your smile needs more than just a quick touch up, then porcelain veneers may be able to provide you with a complete smile makeover.
To find out if veneers are the right option for you, schedule a cosmetic consultation by calling Bailey Dental Care in Kansas City, MO at (816) 452-9700.
Located in the Northland, our dental office also proudly serves patients who live in Liberty, Gladstone, Riverside, Parkville, Smithville, and all surrounding communities.